postscripting the life of an average singaporean guy
Thursday, December 09, 2004

My BMT...

BMT....They say it's the most fun part of NS. (wait that means i am gone f**k considering I have already just passed through BMT...)What they didn't say was that it was fun reminiscing about but given a chance to go thru the whole process of BMT again, most will decide against it...that said, good luck to the 22nd Obese batch of Echo Company.... Enjoy your 26 weeks of recruit life...


Like many who have been thru BMT, buddies are a common word, so common that you have extra buddies namely the suck-co*k buddy, the self-proclaimed buddy, the assigned buddy,the buddy who you really hope will be your buddy, the gay buddy, the buddy who pretends to be your buddy so that he can go commanding school.


Well, once and for all, my buddy is just my assigned buddy, i wouldn't say he is the bestest guy you will ever meet(truth be told he is rather childish, act childish, many times i havecomplained he is too childish yet he is proud to admit it...) However, he does his job well as a buddy. All the extras like calling you up to remind you things to bring, smsing time to book inand even informs you when the Book-in Duty Instructor is counting strength or if the TIBS bus was leaving...
He is childish to the fact that my whole section complains about his singing in the bunk yet ignorant he is, sang on...


Well, there's just my buddy, I don't really have very close BMT mates in echo but am thankful to already know ziting in poly and yes I must admit it was nice to see him in my platoon.Being bed 1 or rather the first name on the platoon is quite stressful, the perks, well OC preset weapon to you... the downs, everything and i mean tests and all sorts of crap, i'm the clown from my platoon to do first...Some of my friends told me being bed 1 isn't good either, besides handling the job of a section I/C, chances of being a platoon I/C is there too, not to mention that however well you do or worse you do in whatever test,your grade(in the red booklet) will just be average... why? because you are bed 1... why the rest are better? because they see how you do and manipulate to either worsen or benefit themselves...


I hate to say this but as much as I don't want to chao keng in my BMT life, I still did. During my last few weeks that is...I have to admit that even during area cleaning I slacked a coupled of times, acting busy but not which is perhaps the skill I have brought forward from my attachment days.Still I did my best when I was doing area cleaning in the early weeks, so I guess it kinda balanced off although it's no excuse...I dunno I guess I lost my drive that pushed me up till week 13 of my BMT...possibly maybe the lost oppurtunity to lose more weight thru the echo sergeants or the impending "ideal" vocation for meIt could also be that the passed 13 weeks have finally hit me that I was probably the only idiot who has no girls to call to listen to the voices and sleep at night, and btw I brought him 2 spare batterys and guess what I did not even have to touch them, can even lend pple somemore...the only time I was busy sending msges was when I come online and when pple send me msg. and sometimes to make my precious weekend more happening in Singapore by jioing pple out...that sad... yes... piece of advice fellas: get girl phone numbers repeat after me GIRL PHONE NUMBERS so you can call to and talk to before lights out...


It could be the losing of a place I sleep in for the past 4 months and some of the nicest section mates I have and the worst.Nicknames were aplenty... there was a 5 tonner to begin with, an underwear man, a sweaty pear, a sausage lips nurse, the black one aka the Section Shortest Man, the sleepyhead who can sleep in all sorts of position,the superman, the budoh, the w o l s and r u l b combined together, the inverted nipples man, the almost nkf personnel and the CAT 1, yours truly...


That much said I must thank echo company sergeants for effectively making me lose at least 16kgs...Special thanks to 3rd Sergeant Koh(coincidentally also my sect comd), you really took it seriously when my best friend ask you to "look after" me.
Ask me if I am happy now?


"I'm just glad to POP and can't wait for my service balance to end..."

.
.

jh out!~

ps: posting tml... wish me good luck!


Sometimes The Road Ahead Is Paved With Anything But Good Intentions @ 11:15 PM

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
About

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Not boring not exciting, not lazy not hardworking, not handsome not ugly, not short not thin, not a bad guy not quite mommy's boy either. Regular Singaporean guy who like most guys probably get several different colours of the same shirt, t-shirt, berms, jeans once they fall in love with a particular design. Been through the era of cassette tapes of walkmans to discmans(remember the anti-shock technology) as well as MiniDisc(coming out at a bad time) which obviously lost to the emergence of mp3s and the CD to LD which saw LD losing out to VCDs. Next came the DVDs which 0wned the vcds and try to act smart by having 2 groups, HD DVD and Blu Ray. 2 words BLU.RAY. Loves to reminisce the old days when A&W rootbear float was still around and KFC was still a restaurant complete with waiters serving you Kentucky Fried Chicken. The days where bus fares were 10 cents for students and pizza hut's lunch buffets. Moves/dances to the jumpy music of Ipod Ads and likes to laugh at the Hello I'm a Mac, Hello I'm a PC advertisements!

follow me on Twitter

Tell me your views via sn0wbl0wer(at)gmail(dot)com
I am on facebook
counter saw this...
Famous People that he has met: Junichiro Koizumi Lee Hsien Loong David Beckham Ali Larter Mandy Moore The Rasmus Masi Oka Greg Grunberg Sendhil Ramamurthy
Tagging



Wants

Love
House under my name
Audi Q7
Volkswagen Touareg
mba
Volvo XC90
Tag Heuer Aquaracer
Oakleys
Money Clipper
Strike TOTO or Big Sweep
BALLY Wallet
Aikido Nidan (二段)


Links

michelle
guanwen
weiliang
gen
nigel
nicole
tiffany
renne
celina
aline
ziting
derek
peter
andre
cheryl
deirdre
irene
emily
kamikaze
gabriel
zixuan
wynne
qianhui
charlene
235guys
mr.miyagi
mr.brown
RippleVox


Archives

  • March 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • November 2008
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • August 2009
  • This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from g0dspeed. Make your own badge here.

    Powered by IP2Location.com