postscripting the life of an average singaporean guy
Monday, July 26, 2004

What happened to me?

As you all can see, I haven't been blogging for a week now, just so you all know I was not kidnapped in Malaysia... I was in fact procrastinating. Speaking of Malaysia, note to self: Never cross the roads like you cross in Singapore...
 
Oh well back to malaysia, nothing really interesting happened during my free trip to KL to see The Rasmus live @ Hard Rock Cafe! All that happened was :




  1. I got to know some people in the journalist industry, the music industry and some cool people who have also won the trip thru Perfect 10 and another dude who won thru M1.
  2. I stayed in a 5-star hotel, The Hotel Renaissance (New World Wing) for free!
  3. Met The Rasmus live in person & had the CD I bought(1st CD I gotten since Kazaa came about!) signed!


  4. Met up one of my secondary school classmate and good friend for dinner in KL.
  5. The Coach ride there was really boring... (5.5 Hours)
  6. The Coach ride back was equally boring... (5.5 Hours) except I saw an accident....

    Picture this...
    The journey was quite smooth, until the bus suddenly did an emergency brake movement which causes the Bus to slow down dramatically, I pop my head up so that I can see what's happening in front just barely managing to see a minivan, spinned 1 round and then hit the drain area on the left, flung up in the air and landed OVERTURNED on the concave drain... It was a traumatizing first-time accident witness account for me... It looked as if no one in that minivan could have survived that accident, I immediately prayed for the well-being of whoever is inside followed by hoping there would be as less people as possible in that vehicle, of course, hopefully none, but that would have not been possible since you need a driver for the vehicle. Our bus went towards the road shoulder and it looked as if we were going to stop to lend a helping hand, I was prepared to help in whatever I can... Alas, it did not stop. My guess is that since majority of us were Singaporeans, if we were to stop, we ould have become eyewitnesses and who knows what time we be able to reach Singapore. The driver however made a phonecall to the local police and informed them about the accident.
  7. Had my virgin roller-coaster ride at Berjaya Times Square, a relatively new(less than a year) shopping mall in KL.

    I was quite scared actually... # Insert hoorays and surprised looks here # , it did not help that there only 5 of us and 1 carriage can sit 4 person, I was the lonely guy in one carriage... The wait to fill up the remaining carriage wasn't helpful as I have no one to calm myself down...
    And so began the First Ride, Thanks to that safety gadget, I did not make it into the orbituaries in the Malaysian Times or The Newpaper last week, I had a few adrenaline rush when the roller coaster went sideways, but somehow didn't quite feel it when it went 360, maybe it was too fast. Had my second ride after we checked out the other rides. This time round, I wasn't that afraid, I even managed to pose for the Roller Coaster camera for a candid YEAH look!
  8. Had not 1 but 2 root beer floats from A&W, damm, why did no one in Singapore ever thought of protesting to A&W not to close down in Singapore!
  9. Had Dunkin' Donuts. Ah... nice delicious glaze donuts.
  10. Had lousy food throughout my stay, I wanted to eat ramli burger but could not find roadside stalls that sell those, heard that the ramli burger are much more tastier from there.
  11. Wanted to taste those Bat Kut Tehs or Pork Ribs Soup and try out the hawker food, but the people I was hanging out with won't really clear as where we can get good cheap local hawker style food. Somehow I envied the journalist who told us he went to Chinatown with 2 other journalists and had good food there... I could have sworn he did it on purpose...
  12. Went to Marche Fine Dining Restaurant within the hotel courtesy of Natasha from Universal Music.

    Fine Dining : Big plates, small amount of food, exquisite arrangement of the food,yet, I felt full... Truly amazing!
  13. Back to the notes to self: Besides crossing road even when the green man just came on, cross with CARE! I was about to cross one of the roads when the green man just came on and I could still hear a distant motorbike's engine from afar which did not sound like it was going to stop and so did a few cars... When they finally stopped? I ran across the road for fear of my life!
  14. Another note to self: Apparently, the last time I went to Redang, I complained about the water, this time round, I must rant about the soft drinks! The bottled carbonated drinks I bought were so not carbonated, taste like CRAP if you ask me! The only true blue carbonated soft drink that I had were the Coke I had @ Hard Rock Cafe.
  15. Went for a dip in the Hotel, made used of their Suana, Hot Bath and Jacuzzi!
  16. Regrets: Not able to find enough time to go up the bridge linking the Petronas towers.

When the bus, finally arrived at our drop point, Newton Circus, some of us went to have dinner at the "rip-off" of Chomp Chomp. One of the guys pointed out that he saw a lorry behind our bus on the road shoulder stopping to help(that could be one of the reason why the bus didn't bother to help). He also said he saw the 2 passengers look okay, except that there was smoke coming out from the "wreckage", I was relived to hear that, important thing is let's hope he's right...
 
Well, I suppose that's it. Overall, The trip was great, the concert was awesome(much muchie better than they sound in the CD). And the long bus journey? Hey, it's free! Not complaining!



Caught i,Robot on wednesday, really good show, worth watching, a 3.8 out of 5 robots show!
 
PS: Don't wanna go into what CRAP taste like...
 
JH Out!~






Sometimes The Road Ahead Is Paved With Anything But Good Intentions @ 2:30 AM

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
About

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Not boring not exciting, not lazy not hardworking, not handsome not ugly, not short not thin, not a bad guy not quite mommy's boy either. Regular Singaporean guy who like most guys probably get several different colours of the same shirt, t-shirt, berms, jeans once they fall in love with a particular design. Been through the era of cassette tapes of walkmans to discmans(remember the anti-shock technology) as well as MiniDisc(coming out at a bad time) which obviously lost to the emergence of mp3s and the CD to LD which saw LD losing out to VCDs. Next came the DVDs which 0wned the vcds and try to act smart by having 2 groups, HD DVD and Blu Ray. 2 words BLU.RAY. Loves to reminisce the old days when A&W rootbear float was still around and KFC was still a restaurant complete with waiters serving you Kentucky Fried Chicken. The days where bus fares were 10 cents for students and pizza hut's lunch buffets. Moves/dances to the jumpy music of Ipod Ads and likes to laugh at the Hello I'm a Mac, Hello I'm a PC advertisements!

follow me on Twitter

Tell me your views via sn0wbl0wer(at)gmail(dot)com
I am on facebook
counter saw this...
Famous People that he has met: Junichiro Koizumi Lee Hsien Loong David Beckham Ali Larter Mandy Moore The Rasmus Masi Oka Greg Grunberg Sendhil Ramamurthy
Tagging



Wants

Love
House under my name
Audi Q7
Volkswagen Touareg
mba
Volvo XC90
Tag Heuer Aquaracer
Oakleys
Money Clipper
Strike TOTO or Big Sweep
BALLY Wallet
Aikido Nidan (二段)


Links

michelle
guanwen
weiliang
gen
nigel
nicole
tiffany
renne
celina
aline
ziting
derek
peter
andre
cheryl
deirdre
irene
emily
kamikaze
gabriel
zixuan
wynne
qianhui
charlene
235guys
mr.miyagi
mr.brown
RippleVox


Archives

  • March 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • November 2008
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • August 2009
  • This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from g0dspeed. Make your own badge here.

    Powered by IP2Location.com